It’s one thing to set goals, and another thing entirely to align them with God’s will for your life. Self-help advice in mainstream culture can be good, but very performance based! As Christians, God’s grace sustains our financial, relational, and health goals. In this episode of The WealthBuilders Podcast, Karen Conrad shares 8 questions to guide your goal setting journey.
How to Set Goals With God: 8 Steps to Sustainable Success
1. What are 5 things that God did for you in 2022?
- “I will remember the deeds of the Lord;
yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.” Psalm 77:11
- This is so important. The Bible clearly shows us the value of reflecting on the times where we have seen Him move and come through for us. That builds our faith.
2. What are 5 things you learned in 2022 that are noteworthy to apply to 2023?
- “The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge,
for the ears of the wise seek it out.” Proverbs 18:15
3. What are 5 things you want to accomplish financially in 2023?
- Consider your ultimate goals. Then, break it down into actionable steps with the milestones that it will take to get there.
4. What are 5 things you want to accomplish pertaining to health and fitness?
- Consider habits that you can add or tweak on a daily basis that will contribute to your overall health and fitness.
- God will show you the best way to exercise and maintain your health in any given season.
5. What are 5 things you want to accomplish pertaining to your relationships with the Lord and others?
- Relationships are important to the Lord. So many of His blessings come through relationships!
6. What do you need to become to be equipped for where God is calling you to be? What are 5 action steps you can take this year to get there?
7. Pray and ask the Lord to speak to you about anything He would like you to focus on in 2023. Are there any particular scriptures He is putting on your heart for the year?
The Word of God is supernatural, powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword. So, in anything I endeavor to do, I like to locate the scripture. The Word gives you the power and anointing to walk it out.
8. What are some prayer declarations that you can write down and reference throughout the year?
- Speaking God’s word aloud over your goals and personal situations is a powerful practice!
At WealthBuilders, we are so excited for all that God has for you in 2o23. If you want more direction on how to knock your financial goals out of the park this year, we invite you to be a part of The 2023 WealthBuilders Conference. Join us February 17-19 in Denver, Colorado, or online via livestream for biblically-based, expert teachings and workshops on finance, business, real estate, and leadership. Click here to learn more about the event and how you can register.